These are photographs collected and taken by William Huckle who lived in from East Jordon, Michigan and owned Huckle Studio. Most of these photos are from the 19th and 20th century of northern Michigan, with the majority from Charlevoix and Antrim counties. These photos are printed from medium format, 4×5 copy, 4×5 and 8×10 glass negatives.
Check in periodically as new photographs are added to all the albums.
To view and purchase historical northern Michigan photographs click on the links below.
Hi resolution digital negative $25, B&W reprints – 5×7 $15, 8×10 $20, 11×14 $35
- Railroad Album -This album contains various E J & S #6 Engine, train tracks being laid, various train accidents, depots and more.
- Nautical Album – This album contains various freighters, ferries that sailed on Lake Charelvoix, the Ironton Ferry, East Jordon Harbor, Round Lake, the Swing Bridge in Charelvoix and more.
- Logging Album – This album contains horse drawn katydids, horse drawn logging sleds, lumber camps, river scene logging and more.
- General Album – This album contains city scenes, antique snowmobile, Wright brothers plane, aerial views of cities, antique cars, a Pickle Station and more.
- Panoramic Album – This album contains various city scenes, factories, rural scenes and more.
#30 Lumber Camp
#10 Railroad Bridge
#12 Railroad Workers
#24 E-61 Engine #6
#29 Hotel Wildwood in Walloon Lake
#37 River Scene Logging
#126 Ironton Ferry
#135 Charlevoix Swing Bridge
#201 Streamer Hum
#203 Hourse Drawn Katydid Hauling Lumber
#244 Boyne City Tanning Co.
#248 Pickle Station